About the Workshop:
Marketing has been called the backbone of successful forest products companies. Yet many manufacturers struggle with the marketing concept. Those attending this workshop learn about the products of wood based industries, marketing as it relates to these products, and how to gain a competitive advantage in the industry. It is designed for new marketing and sales personnel or those wishing to brush up on the industry.
- Forest Products: An overview of the industry–its products, manufacturing practices, and current resource issues affecting the industry.
- Market Trends in the Industry: Economic trends, market history, and factors affecting change in the industry.
- Marketing Basics: The 4 P’s of Marketing–Products, Pricing, Promotion, and Place (Distribution)
- Personal Selling: Salesmanship, sales techniques, and basic marketing research.
- Marketing Strategy: Your competitive position, understanding your competitors and gaining an advantage by using the value chain.
- Marketing Research: Methods to identify what is happening in your markets.
Who Should Attend:
- New sales and marketing personnel
- Employees unfamiliar with the forest products industry
- Others interested in the basics of marketing and personal selling
- Economic development personnel and others wanting to know more about the forest products industry and marketing